Weathermap Does Have a Future

Support questions about the Network Weather Map plugin

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

jackie
Cacti User

Re: Weathermap future

Post by jackie »

I played a bit with the php-weathermap 1.0.0dev cacti-plug version with cacti 1.2.4 on ubuntu 18.04. Looks like you have added some amazing new features Howie!! The idea of groups of weathermaps and the updated UI look really neat! The screens do make it clear that it is a development version. Hope the plug-in is completed some day!

I also looked at running php-weather standalone with cacti 1.2.4. However, I found that creating the thumbnails would require some HTML development and we would very much miss the nice integration of adding/deleting/managing weathermaps the cacti-plugin provides.

I think the best solution for us is to stay with cacti 0.8.8 and the weathermap plugin we are currently using. We can't justify all the changes needed at this point and no one is clamoring for new cacti features (plus I'll only be at this job a few more months).

Thanks again Howie for all your work on this! Php-weathermap is an AMAZING tool!

Jackie
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

(Groups have been in Weathermap since 0.97 (Jan 2010), by the way!)
Weathermap 0.98a is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
Some Other Cacti tweaks, including strip-graphs, icons and snmp/netflow stuff.
(Let me know if you have UK DevOps or Network Ops opportunities, too!)
jackie
Cacti User

Post by jackie »

Jeepers....I did miss that feature, probably because our weathermaps evolved over a longer time period. I think I'm going to start using weathermap groups today! Thanks!! :)
BAGft

Post by BAGft »

Solution : for new cacti 1.2.16 here is the link for the working plugin weathermap.

sudo wget https://github.com/thurban/plugin_weath ... evelop.zip
it is working fine
i hope that this post will help
peace peace peace
msantana

Post by msantana »

To whomever took their time and made this code for the new Cacti version, thank you...
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

We are not at version 1.0 beta2. Beta three to be released quite soon.
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?