Manage Plugin 0.6.2 for monitoring networks, servers...

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

gilles
Cacti User

Re: Manage Plugin 0.6.2 for monitoring networks, servers...

Post by gilles »

cksrealm wrote:When I add a service to a host its not appearing to get saved at all. When I add for example the webserve template to a host and save it its saying its saved but then there is nothing when I go back into the host, based on that it looks like it is not monitoring the service at all.
it's normal, you have just to verify that the DS are created
gilles
Cacti User

Post by gilles »

computer_guru wrote:When I select a Manage template and hit save it reverts to the default blank value with none of the drop down items selected.
it's normal, you have just to verify that the DS are created
gilles
Cacti User

Post by gilles »

computer_guru wrote:I just changed a line of code to alphabetize the device drop down on the event reporting screen. It was driving me crazy to see it in random order!
order is probably by id
this page definitively need an update, i myself used it a week ago and had to hack the url
dar1k

Post by dar1k »

Hello. Please help with my tree view. I have 1200 hosts. and when i use tree view looks like :

my tree :

mcutting
Cacti Guru User

Post by mcutting »

gilles wrote:
computer_guru wrote:I just changed a line of code to alphabetize the device drop down on the event reporting screen. It was driving me crazy to see it in random order!
order is probably by id
this page definitively need an update, i myself used it a week ago and had to hack the url
Actually, no ordering is set - Change line 173 in manage_viewalerts.php to

Code: Select all

$sql2="SELECT id, hostname, description FROM host where (hostname like '%%' OR description like '%%') ORDER BY description ASC";
Cacti Version 0.8.8b
Cacti OS Ubuntu LTS
RRDTool Version RRDTool 1.4.7
Poller Information
Type SPINE 0.8.8b
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

gilles:
Please consider switching away from sysinternals pskill to Windows native taskkill to avoid these type of issues: http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48860

Any particular reason why manage requires pskill?
gilles
Cacti User

Post by gilles »

pskill is not needed and can be deleted
but in MY particular installation (with NT4 servers), php processes were not terminated
so i made a patch

from .../cacti/settings.php?tab=manage :

Use Windows PHP Patch
Don't use. Select 'No'. Default is 'No'.
if people use this option, it will trigger an error message/alert on cacti server base home page

1 problem(s) detected.
if people click the alert message (.../cacti/plugins/manage/manage_debug.php), they will see :

Setting 'Use Windows PHP Patch' :  NOK Don't use. Select 'No'. 
reeyon

Post by reeyon »

hi,

my server is ubuntu. The problem is that when i installing the "manage" via plugin management, the webserver straight away showing error. But after I deleted the "manage" folder from plugins folder, the web works again.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (16.94 KiB) Viewed 8252 times
mozolins

Post by mozolins »

I'm new to the plugin world but do like this plugin. But....

How do I get Manage to include the ucd/net monitored processes in the managed servers?

There seems to be a large number of Windows solutions and I've tried to see if they can be modified but my PHP skills aren't that well developed.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

thanks
Networms

Post by Networms »

i have some problem with the Plugin Manage. i have install on Ubuntu Server 12.04. The Manage Poller take my php stack in my Server to overload. In the poller_manage.php -> manage_execInBackground($p1."/",$p2, $extra_args, $extra_args2, $c);. i found follow entry on the Server....

./php -q /usr/local/share/cacti/plugins/manage/manage_check.php 1 rrdtool 2

and don't stop and the memory from the server is overflow.. and the server goes down. When i put this command direct in the terminal windows... didn't work php isn't found...
i have tested to comment out this line the poller dosen't work again...

i need some help how i can fix this problem
mozolins

Post by mozolins »

There are a couple things you can check in the settings.

On the manage tab, select the cacti poller as the poller. This lets the cacti poller work instead of spawing and additional process.

On the poller tab, you can reduce the number of pollers running, and the numbers of threads within the poller process.

Good Luck
Networms

Post by Networms »

Hi THX

i have look on manage tab, there is select the cacti poller. In the poller tab is the spine and the numbers of threads is 10 / number of poller is 1.

But ist dosn't work.. on my server ih have a lot of open php stacks and the memory gos down. in 30 minuts crash the server.
Attachments
Ubuntu_Server.jpg
Ubuntu_Server.jpg (406.58 KiB) Viewed 7989 times
mozolins

Post by mozolins »

It seems you have more than one poller running. Is the crontab entry from the original cacti poller still running? You can remove it.

Also what is the cycle of your polling? If spine doesn't complete before it's next cycle it'll get wierd.

in anycase the php pollers shouldn''t be running any more, just the spine executable.
eweintra

Post by eweintra »

Hi gilles-
I've been using the manage plugin for a while now, and it's great, but there's one feature it doesn't have that I wonder if there isn't a simple way to add. Is there a way to get manage to re-alert for a down host if it's still down after a certain period of time (like an hour)? The problem we've run into is that the single alert sometimes gets lost amid the multitude of other emails and what not, and people don't notice that the server is still marked as down. I just had a server that had been marked as down by Cacti for almost 16 days, but was unnoticed because the server was actually up, just SNMP had crashed on it. They would have noticed a lot sooner if they were getting alerts every hour or so that the server was still down.

Thanks again for developing and releasing this plugin, and for any help or guidance you can give me regarding the above.
rainmanh

Re: Status is always 'waiting' same issue

Post by rainmanh »

Hi

I am getting the same problem as pepi had int the past?

pepj wrote: CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Cell Failed "SELECT count(id) FROM data_local where data_template_id = AND snmp_index = ... AND host_id =..." "

09/17/2013 10:08:43 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Cell Failed!, Error:'1064', SQL:"SELECT count(id) FROM data_local where data_template_id =  AND snmp_index = 5432 AND host_id =2"
Using:

Cacti Version 	0.8.8a
Cacti OS 	unix
SNMP Version 	NET-SNMP version: 5.5
RRDTool Version 	RRDTool 1.3.x 
PHP Version 	5.3.3
Manage	0.6.2
I had to apply manually all the sql as it seemed not working at installation time.
I successfully manage to add ports for the "Manage Templates" but the error above seems to happen when adding any template for the hosts.
I have create sites and groups as pepi mentioned but still I cannot add ports to the hosts.

Any ideas?

many thanks