shipping question

Moderator: ACOT Employee

traveler
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 750

shipping question

Post by traveler »

We just moved and we are in a city. No doorman or anything like that. Mail goes through a slot in the door and larger packages get left on the stoop where they can be taken by "porch pirates". So, we need to get packages that require a signature, or get them sent to an alternate location like an Amazon locker or UPS location. Before I try to order from ACOT, is there a way to direct my package to a location like that?
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

Matt Kent
ACOT Employee
Gallery: 4

Re: shipping question

Post by Matt Kent »

Great question - I don't think we have a way to easily do that right now unfortunately. I want to say that some (all?) FedEx Express shipments can be changed to hold for pickup on their website if you have FedEx Delivery Manager set up for your address. We also automatically give the option of adding signature confirmation on orders over $200, and if your order is less than that we could add it on prior to shipment if you give us a call or send an email.
traveler
Cherry Cola

Post by traveler »

matt wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:34 pm
Great question - I don't think we have a way to easily do that right now unfortunately. I want to say that some (all?) FedEx Express shipments can be changed to hold for pickup on their website if you have FedEx Delivery Manager set up for your address. We also automatically give the option of adding signature confirmation on orders over $200, and if your order is less than that we could add it on prior to shipment if you give us a call or send an email.

Fed Ex delivery manager doesn't really work around here. I paid $11 to have package delivered at a particular day and time and it came on the day before which is what would have happened if I had done nothing. The signature option is probably the way to go. How do I request FedEx? Does it cost extra? I never worried about this before, at the old house I just got the cheapest shipping and it showed up however.
Louise

SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 499

Post by SandyJay »

I wonder, I see “mailboxes” at UPS stores…maybe call a local one and see?  

Can you get something like a P.O. Box at a US post office?  OR…I read to just use the address of your post office.  Have your delivery sent there.  

Amazon now has delivery lockers they put your packages in.  

Sorry you have to deal with this.  Hope you find a solution.  
traveler
Cherry Cola

Post by traveler »

Mommytron wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:50 am

Can you get something like a P.O. Box at a US post office?  OR…I read to just use the address of your post office.  Have your delivery sent there.  

Unfortunately, ACOT doesn't use UPS or Amazon. We have been using both of those solutions when they make sense. ACOT uses post office and FEDEX. Post office is terrible in a big city. I need to figure out how to order from ACOT with FedEx and signature.

Louise

Matt Kent
ACOT Employee

Post by Matt Kent »

trainmom wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:07 am
Mommytron wrote:

Unfortunately, ACOT doesn't use UPS or Amazon. We have been using both of those solutions when they make sense. ACOT uses post office and FEDEX. Post office is terrible in a big city. I need to figure out how to order from ACOT with FedEx and signature.

I believe just about every order should have at least one FedEx shipping option available - you'd just have to select that during checkout. As it stands right now, unless your order is over $200 we'd have to add the signature manually. However, Brandon and I have been talking and I think it should be easy to add in a user option that we can set in the backend where we'll give you the signature option on every order. I don't think we'll have it ready today but we'll get that added ASAP and let you know.
traveler
Cherry Cola

Post by traveler »

matt wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:21 am
trainmom wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:07 am
Mommytron wrote:

I believe just about every order should have at least one FedEx shipping option available - you'd just have to select that during checkout. As it stands right now, unless your order is over $200 we'd have to add the signature manually. However, Brandon and I have been talking and I think it should be easy to add in a user option that we can set in the backend where we'll give you the signature option on every order. I don't think we'll have it ready today but we'll get that added ASAP and let you know. 
Perfect. I'm not in a hurry. 

Louise

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 319

Post by Flasher »

That's awesome, Matt!  And, Brandon!

This place is the best!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Yankeegirl
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1533

Post by Yankeegirl »

We get a lot of mail through FedEx, mostly my husband who gets his work stuff from Corning Cable.  They just leave it, never want a signature.  I have received FedEx from some craft websites, and they only ask for a signature when it's a high $$ order, which I think is set by the shipper, not FedEx.  And at times, when I'm told someone has to be home to sign, and I miss them, they leave it anyway!!!   You can set up an acct. with FedEx and give them a specific date for delivery.
I am running away from my responsibilities,
and it feels good!

Kathy

Image  Image  Image Image  Image      
traveler
Cherry Cola

Post by traveler »

Yankeegirl wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:37 pm
We get a lot of mail through FedEx, mostly my husband who gets his work stuff from Corning Cable.  They just leave it, never want a signature.  I have received FedEx from some craft websites, and they only ask for a signature when it's a high $$ order, which I think is set by the shipper, not FedEx.  And at times, when I'm told someone has to be home to sign, and I miss them, they leave it anyway!!!   You can set up an acct. with FedEx and give them a specific date for delivery.
I did that, I set up an account and paid for specific delivery on a package and they ignored my request, but they did charge me for it. I get wine shipped sometimes and that needs a signature and its fine. The post office has already lost packages for us since we've been here. The only one that I can count on is UPS, I can have it sent to a UPS location nearby and pick it up. Packages in a city are tricky.

Louise

Matt Kent
ACOT Employee

Post by Matt Kent »

Ok, this option is live for any of us to change on the backend now. @traveler I have this set on your account already. If anyone else wants the option of signature confirmation on all of their orders, please send us an email or reach out otherwise and let us know!
traveler
Cherry Cola

Post by traveler »

matt wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:49 am
Ok, this option is live for any of us to change on the backend now. @traveler I have this set on your account already. If anyone else wants the option of signature confirmation on all of their orders, please send us an email or reach out otherwise and let us know!

thank you. I will place an order in the next few days. 
Louise

traveler
Cherry Cola

Post by traveler »

matt wrote:

I placed an order this morning, and the new option popped up perfectly. thanks so much. 
Louise

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 319

Post by Flasher »

Glad a solution was found for you!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

DrakeHeyman
Cherry Tart

Post by DrakeHeyman »

When you order from ACOT, you can usually choose an alternative delivery location like an Amazon locker or a UPS store during the checkout process. That way, you can pick it up at your convenience and avoid any package snatching incidents.  I'm no stranger to online shopping logistics myself, as I own a few Shopify stores. I've been using calcurates.com to get the best shipping rates, and it's been a game-changer, making the complex process a breeze!
Last edited by DrakeHeyman on Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
CelesteB
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 169

Post by CelesteB »

Can you have it sent to a work/business address?
Matt Kent
ACOT Employee

Post by Matt Kent »

CelesteB wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:09 am
Can you have it sent to a work/business address?

Yes, we'll ship it to whatever address you put in! If you're shipping to an address other than your billing address, make sure to uncheck the box that says "Billing address same as shipping" and put in your correct billing address so the order doesn't get held up unnecessarily.
traveler
Cherry Cola

Post by traveler »

matt wrote:

Hi. For the near term, I can send packages to my mother-in-law's house so I don't need to use FedEx. However, the less expensive shipping is no longer an option for me. Can you change this so I can place a small order using regular shipping while the summer sale is on?

thanks in advance for your help.
Louise

Matt Kent
ACOT Employee

Post by Matt Kent »

trainmom wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:26 pm
Hi. For the near term, I can send packages to my mother-in-law's house so I don't need to use FedEx. However, the less expensive shipping is no longer an option for me. Can you change this so I can place a small order using regular shipping while the summer sale is on?

thanks in advance for your help. 

Sure, give it another try now!

Return to “Suggestions”