Moderator: ACOT Employee

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 508

Re: Texas Cherries ok?

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

Florac74 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 2:14 pm

Huge powerline down about twenty minutes down the road from me. Lots of trees down. My power went off and on throughout yesterday. The rain and wind was so bad. I just hunkered down in my bathroom with the fur babies until it passed. It was not a fun experience but thankfully we are all okay.

My friends down the road five minutes finally got their power back. My poor mom southwest of Houston lost power, internet and so many trees down. All the businesses around her still doesn't have power. It's going to be a rough storm season in Houston. We are already dealing with so much flooding. It took years to recover from Hurricane Harvey.

I feel so bad for my neighboring cities dealing with flooding and tornado warnings. 😕

Such a bad season this year! I'm praying for everyone, too!
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 508

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

Mathandlit wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 4:08 pm
Luckily my area has avoided the worst of it, but for a few weeks there it seemed like we had tornado watches and warnings almost daily. 

When I moved to Texas from Ohio, I remember getting a concerned phone call from my parents when a hurricane was forecasted to hit Texas. I live way up in the northern part of Texas and had to remind them that I live like 3 "Ohios" from the gulf lol.

Lol @ 3 Ohios!
Glad you're not affected by the storms!
CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1781

Post by CarrieG »

Kelly_R wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 4:16 pm
CarrieG wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 1:49 pm
Kelly_R wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 1:36 pm
I'm on the west side of Texas close to the border of New Mexico.  We got  some much needed rain over the past two days.  Houston got slammed pretty hard.  Sending thoughts and prayers to my Texas neighbors.

Kelly--i am north and a bit east of you in...Childress!  yes we have had some rain  I feel for the Houston area :(  

I had to look up Childress.  You're on the border of Oklahoma.

Yes, Texas is quite big.  We barely get any rain here in my area.  The South by the Gulf of New Mexico gets a lot of storms/hurricane damage.  I feel for everyone going through this.  Please stay safe and take care of all your loved ones.

ha yup i am closer to the Okla border than anything  i am two hours from you, two hours from amarillo and 2 hours from wichita falls...LOL  dead blank nowheres ville....
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3695

Post by blbabe1234 »

Mathandlit wrote:
Luckily my area has avoided the worst of it, but for a few weeks there it seemed like we had tornado watches and warnings almost daily. 

When I moved to Texas from Ohio, I remember getting a concerned phone call from my parents when a hurricane was forecasted to hit Texas. I live way up in the northern part of Texas and had to remind them that I live like 3 "Ohios" from the gulf lol.

😂 😂 😂  As a native who lives about 15 miles AWAY from the gulf, I had to LOL. DH's family lives in Southern Cali and anytime, and I mean ANYTIME Texas is on the news due to some form of bad weather, we get text messages from my MIL. If Dallas is flooding, she's concerned about us. If Panhandle gets bad weather, she's worried. A hurricane can come knocking on Houston or Galveston's door, she is worried. We have to constantly remind her how far south we are really down. Now, when Harvey was coming barreling through, oh yea, I understand everyone's concern. But yeah..Texas is mighty big.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
LoreenC
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 1269

Post by LoreenC »

Glad to hear y’all are OK!! My kids are good in San Antonio. This is Really scary weather !! Take Care , Cherries!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Mommyof5
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 169

Post by Mommyof5 »

Mathandlit wrote:

Ok...that made me laugh!!  3 Ohios! toooo funny!  And yes, most people don't realize how big Texas is.  you can travel for a day and still not reach the border if you go from furthest tip to furthest tip.  

Have a Wonderful Day!  ~Misty
 Image  Image   Image

Mommyof5
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 169

Post by Mommyof5 »

Thank you all for your well wishes!  It has been pretty bad down here...and from what I have been hearing, it is only the beginning of the weather issues for this year.  It has been to quiet down here for the last few years I suppose. 
 Have a Wonderful Day!  ~Misty
 Image  Image   Image

Mathandlit
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 427

Post by Mathandlit »

Florac74 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 2:14 pm

Huge powerline down about twenty minutes down the road from me. Lots of trees down. My power went off and on throughout yesterday. The rain and wind was so bad. I just hunkered down in my bathroom with the fur babies until it passed. It was not a fun experience but thankfully we are all okay.

My friends down the road five minutes finally got their power back. My poor mom southwest of Houston lost power, internet and so many trees down. All the businesses around her still doesn't have power. It's going to be a rough storm season in Houston. We are already dealing with so much flooding. It took years to recover from Hurricane Harvey.

I feel so bad for my neighboring cities dealing with flooding and tornado warnings. 😕

That photo is terrifying!

Return to “General Talk”