Doilies and Diecuts Class HERE!!!!

Join Us For Another Online Crop: Feb 26-28
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 1270

Re: Doilies and Diecuts Class HERE!!!!

Post by Laura Fiore »

We will use the Basic Grey Papers on several layouts, so you want to cut them first. Before you cut, make sure and take a look again at the photos above of completed layouts so that you can see where they will be used. All measurements will read width x length.
Cut the Doily as followsImage

Cut this once, horizontally 8 inches from the top, so that you have two pieces. They will be 12 x 8 and 12 x 4.
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry

Post by Laura Fiore »

Cut Basic Grey Refresh Paper as follows:

12 x 1-1/2" Strip
12 x 3/4" Strip
You will use the balance of this sheet for matting photos and adding to other layouts so set it aside.
ajkulig
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 47

Post by ajkulig »

I will be picking this up later. The babies decided they need me attention to much to actually get things done.
Find my books here. See the mom (crafting, cooking, organizing, and homeschooling) side of me here. {Under construction}
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry

Post by Laura Fiore »

Cut Basic Grey Aloe as follows:

12 x 4" Strip (dark side used)
12 x 1-3/4" Strip (light side used)
10-3/4" x 6-3/4" (dark side used)

I will give sizes for the assortment of patterned paper scraps used as the layouts are described below.
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry

Post by Laura Fiore »

ajkulig wrote:I will be picking this up later. The babies decided they need me attention to much to actually get things done.

No problem Angela...I think it will be easier to do the projects after you see all of the directions anyway!
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry

Post by Laura Fiore »

1- Place 12 x 8 Diecut at top of Kraft Background Paper
2- Punch Border or use deco scissors on 1-1/2" strip of Yellow side of Refresh. I placed this at the bottom of my diecut, so that it just peeked out above the green of the bottom strip
3- Place 12 x 4 Green side of Aloe at bottom of layout
4- I'm making a heritage page, so I wanted a little more distressing...I added a bit of Bronze Glimmer Mist to the entire page.
scrap-4-life
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 138

Post by scrap-4-life »

So very cool Laura!
~Julie

http://www.joverby.blogspot.com/
Spellbinders DT

PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

I'm here, finally! I really need to get some stuff done though so may not get to read through all of it until later. I have my doilie & die cuts & ink (oh my!) sitting out ready though! :)
Image Image
scrappininAK
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1886

Post by scrappininAK »

I'm checking in - don't have any lacy papers but I sprayed over some chipboard snowflakes for mine
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry

Post by Laura Fiore »

5- Mat photo on Graph Side of Refresh paper, trim 1/8" outside of photo, distress and ink edge.
6- Add ribbon, lace, or more punched borders at bottom of page (photo will be placed over a portion of this)
7- Add journaling spot or tags (I used Jenni Bowlin products for this). Here's a closeup for details of the last two steps:
Renee
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 353

Post by Renee »

Laura, those layouts are fabulous!! What a great technique!
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry

Post by Laura Fiore »

Renee wrote:Laura, those layouts are fabulous!! What a great technique!

Thank you Renee!
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry

Post by Laura Fiore »

8- Cut three large flowers from your glitter diecut sheet...I used the brightest, biggest I could cut cleanly. Attach to layout using a triangular design...this adds interest and draws the eye into the page.

9- Add buttons to the flowers for embellishment. I layered some large buttons with the Jenni Bowlin buttons for added interest. I also love the look of a button tied with twine, so that's what I did here.
10- Place photo over border between and title spot with dimensional adhesive so that it pops off the page
11- Use Kraft Paper strips to handwrite your journaling
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry

Post by Laura Fiore »

Layout 2-Cute Couple 4 Sure

We'll be using the Glimmer Misted background on this, or you can use any solid cardstock. I love the design of the doily masked onto the cardstock with a bit of the Lemon Meringue mist covered with Gold mist.
1- Place balance of Basic Grey Doily over dark cardstock. I used black because I wanted a little more elegance on this layout. Cut around outside edge of Doily, leaving just the dark behind the cutouts in the doily.
2- Cut Kraft Paper 8"x10-3/4" Distress and ink edges
3- Distress and ink edge of previously cut 10-3/4" x 6-3/4" Green side of Basic Grey Aloe
4- Distress and ink edges of previously cut Basic Grey strips...the 3/4" x 12" yellow side of the Refresh, and the 1-3/4" x 12" strip of the light side of the Aloe
5- Mat photo on Graph side of Refresh, distress and ink edges, then wrap with ribbon, embroidery floss or twine
6- Now assemble...the layers are as follows: Misted cardstock, kraft, green aloe, dark backed doily, light strip of aloe, yellow strip, photo
7- Stamp a journaling spot, or use one from your stash and determine where you want to put it. Mine is small, so I layered it over the lower corner, but if you have more you'd like to say, you could use a larger block and line it up down that green strip next to the photo.
8- Using Making Memories green flutter frame, place over the graph side of the BG Refresh, cut out around edge. I added the title first and the popped it up with dimensional adhesive.
scrap-4-life
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 138

Post by scrap-4-life »

**gasp** Amazing job!!
~Julie

http://www.joverby.blogspot.com/
Spellbinders DT

jmo95
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 964

Post by jmo95 »

i wasn't able to get supplies before the class...but loving your ideas....as usual!
Jenn
Don't fear the challenge, challenge the fear.

Image Image
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry

Post by Laura Fiore »

Layout 3 - Where do You Go From Here?

For this layout, I used one of the Martha Stewart Diecuts...this one is a creamy yellow...I wanted to bump up the color a little, so I lightly misted it with the Lemon Meringue Glimmer Mist. I also layered it over a misted sheet of Kraft cardstock...I used the Lily Pad Glimmer mist heavy along the bottom and then lighter up at the top where the flowers would show through. I added a bit of the Lemon Meringue at the top of the page to give some variation to the background colors.
This is where you will need to use some scraps, or if you happened to purchase some of the Making Memories Flutter line, you can follow along exactly.
1- Place Misted Diecut over misted cardstock to create background for your page. When placing a diecut like this on a background, I use glue dots on the largest parts I can find of the diecut. I just used my glue runner along the outside edges, and then added a few dots along the bottom for stability.
2- Using paper scraps, create a strip 12" x 3-1/4" The strip can be all one piece of patterned paper, or you can use several to create the look of this Making Memories paper
ImageI cut mine down to get the colors I wanted to use, and then punched a border along the bottom. Place over diecut sheet, spanning from edge to edge...I wanted just the flowers below this on my page, so I looked for that edge when placing it down
3- I used my last piece of that Basic Grey Refresh Graph side to make a title/journaling spot for this page. I also used one of the Flutter Journaling pages for my Photo mat. Depending on what size or how many photos you have, you can play with these layers for your favorite look on the page
4- Add the title and journaling to your page
5- Add embellishments...buttons, small flowers, bling to your page. I had some of those fun diecuts left over from my Making Memories Flutter reveal, so I cut one in have to add a date spot to my page edge. Doodle or stitch around the edge to ground the top of the diecut to the page
bay63
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 12

Post by bay63 »

Laura Fiore wrote:
Or use Gold, which I like better...it's a lot lighter and won't overpower the background sheet you're trying to make. I used a little of both to make the background on the second layout above.

When you do this, should you wait till the 1st one dries or while it is still wet?
ImageImage Image
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry

Post by Laura Fiore »

scrap-4-life wrote:**gasp** Amazing job!!

Thank you Julie!!!

And Hi to you and Jen!

Jen, don't worry about it...you can always get them later if you want, or you can find something you have to use these techniques on!
Mom2Bri
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 248

Post by Mom2Bri »

I'm late sorry. I had to work over.
Teresa --"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace."
http://www.acherryontop.com/i/thumbnail ... linkie.gif

Return to “February Crop 2010”