Free Sample Libraries that urgently need .SFZ mapping

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No problem, you're welcome!

Just bumping this thread.
Some more instruments are added at the repo :
https://github.com/sfzinstruments

And well, before I got seriously ill last month, I managed to update the most of my sfz files, and also those at the mapping repo : https://github.com/sfzinstruments/mappings

How do you download these?

By clicking the green "Code" button and then select Download as Zip

Thanks.

Bump this thread.
A tabla mapping added here :
https://github.com/sfzinstruments/mappi ... by%20Tabla

Thank you kinwie!

The tabla-sfz is great work. I hope that you're now fully recovered. :wink:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Thanks so much for all of this, kinwie! Truly awesome.

Here's hoping that someone will convert Isolation Piano - Tubes and Tapes someday! :pray:

Just wanted to stop by an say what a nice effort this thread is. I checked out the GitHub and it looks great.

-deleted-

enroe wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:45 pm Mmmh, yes, the SFZ format also has an author. It's René Ceballos
(founder of RGC Audio).

Nevertheless, everyone can use it freely! And it is even changed
by others - and René allowed that and is happy about it. :wink:

I know how free the sfz format is. I wouldn't mind either anybody change my sfz for personal use or for other useful purposes. I understand once it's released (at sfzinstruments.github), it belongs to public.

Here I explain what shocked me from that piano thread:

From the beginning, I agreed to Kazi7 to choose sfzinstruments.github among other sites to put our mappings stuff because I feel github is the most neutral place. It's a free/open-source place that nobody benefit financially from it, as the sfz mappings project also a free project for everybody.
Other consideration is, to centralized the info, mappings, stuff etc. For so long, sfz is not maintaned anymore and things scattered everywhere without solid improvements (but now yes, you have sfzformat.com now). I saw people that shared sfz instruments mostly just plain keyrange and vel-range mappings which would sounds not so special. Acoustic stuff like drums, piano, etc, need to be specific programmed so it can mimic the real things behaviour better (the polyphony, choke groups, selfmask, articulations, cc, etc). That's why I think I might contribute good examples by releasing my sfz so everybody can peek at and copy things or opcodes to make their own, because you have given such powerful free sfz sampler, Plogue sforzando, and now sfizz, to maximize using its features.

I once told redtide that I won't mind if people alter or change my sfz so I let him choose the type of the CC license for the sfz+samples we put at sfzinstruments.github. We believe everybody have good manner and have personal taste. Altering the sfz file for personal use is not any issue to me. Improving it, is much better. There are two great examples, one is Peter Eastman adding the string-resonance simulation to the Splendid Grand. The second is Jeff Learman adding the offset to the Salamander Grand for faster response. All credited in the readme.
(Jeff also advised to add the undampened high notes behaviour to all pianos).

So, what really shocked me is, I read that thread in Kvr and saw you and Kazi7 also commented and then a new Headroom Piano sfz released. He wrote it's an improved version. It should be good if it really get improved. So I download and just briefly check it and saw that sfz program is originally mine, that reconstructed and f**ed up. Info header deleted. Even the damper is gone. I wouldn't care if that is purely his own creation. But It just like move everything (samples + f**ed up sfz with new name) to his fancy new site without us knowing. Even it's not my own samples, I feel uncomfortable to see such thing happened. Then I feel funny when you said that is his sfz, his own concept...

Well, it's time for me to go. Hope more people made more good sfz to share...

kinwie wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:19 am Then I feel funny when you said that is his sfz, his own concept ...
I didn't look into the sfz - so I couldn't see these details. I thought
the sfz was created newly from the scratch. Sorry for not looking!
:dog:

kinwie wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:19 am So, what really shocked me is, I read that thread in Kvr and saw you and Kazi7 also commented and then a new Headroom Piano sfz released. He wrote it's an improved version. It should be good if it really get improved.

So I download and just briefly check it and saw that sfz program is originally mine, that reconstructed and f**ed up. Info header deleted. Even the damper is gone. I wouldn't care if that is purely his own creation. But It just like move everything (samples + f**ed up sfz with new name) to his fancy new site without us knowing. Even it's not my own samples, I feel uncomfortable to see such thing happened.
Yes, that's very stupid! :cry:

Now if you go to his website for Headroom Piano, you can see:
SFZ-download is no longer possible on his website. It is
now referred to your SFZs only. :)

He only has the decent sampler version on his website. So he
corrected everything that annoys you. Luis Cameron made a
mistake and corrected it as soon as it was pointed out to him.

kinwie wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:19 am Well, it's time for me to go. Hope more people made more good sfz to share ...
Hmmm ... have you never made a mistake in the youthful,
euphoric exuberance? Maybe that's exactly what happened
here? :?:

Sometimes in life you make mistakes - and then learn from
those mistakes. So ... I think we should allow this possibility
for everyone, right? :ud:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And yes, Kinwie, I like sensitive people a lot. But I also think
it's very unfortunate when a sensitive and brilliant mind
retreats only because such a misfortune. :(

There is no misfortune or mistakes here, what i read now is simply someone find excuses to a person from which his free time and work was taken and contaminated without giving back any feedback for no apparent reasons, which is exactly the opposite Kinwie (with his mappings) and me (on git) worked on for some weeks.

kinwie wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 10:01 am Btw, I'm continue to map the MTG saxes, they are good and a complete set of S-A-T-B, and will use the trumpet's fake rr setting. ...
Thank you Kinwie for these saxophones as soprano, alto, tenor and baritone!
I just discovered and tried them out on Github. Really great: 2-fold velocity
and 3-fold round robin and many cc controller setting options! As with other
sfzs, I am enthusiastic about your include technique: Very clear and
beautiful! Thank you for these! :tu:

I'll push this thread up. The sfz files from Kinwie are characterized by
extraordinary clarity and great ability. This means that every user has
a huge repertoire of samples with fantastic manageability available.
That’s just great! :wink:

And of course: A "thank you" to all sample-creators and to Kinwie! :tu:

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”