IS KVR THE only placed to sell used music software ?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Facebook groups also

Hello, I'm new in this forum and I was looking for a Cubase license, but since I'm new I couldn't post or PM any member. It was kinda disappointing but I guess it's OK for security reasons

Preybot wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:32 am There are also knobcloud and VI-control. However they basically have the same problem. Just take a look at how many ppl are selling cheap plugins from PA, parallel aggressor or slice/carve eq. Once things become free with purchase or time-limited free, they just flood into these places.
Have you ever looked at the ads here on KVR? Most of them are littered with these former giveaways or dollar deal plugins being offered for sale. Of course, now I think there is probably a ton of IK Multimedia stuff as well after their recent big group buys. If you moved all of these to a different forum (for "CHEAP plugin sales), the current Buy/Sell forum would be a lot less cluttered.

purplepat69 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:35 pm
Preybot wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:32 am There are also knobcloud and VI-control. However they basically have the same problem. Just take a look at how many ppl are selling cheap plugins from PA, parallel aggressor or slice/carve eq. Once things become free with purchase or time-limited free, they just flood into these places.
Have you ever looked at the ads here on KVR? Most of them are littered with these former giveaways or dollar deal plugins being offered for sale. Of course, now I think there is probably a ton of IK Multimedia stuff as well after their recent big group buys. If you moved all of these to a different forum (for "CHEAP plugin sales), the current Buy/Sell forum would be a lot less cluttered.
Search this thread works very well, personally I buy used gear of things I want, that I know the name of etc.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:38 pm Always check the feedback thread before buying ... beware of sellers asking for payment by Paypal Friends & Family option.
This, I think you're generally good if you have PayPal buyer protection

I've used VI Control as well.
Now I wanted to use this forum.
Guess I'll have to wait 2 weeks :D

I know Knobcloud also exists, but there are fewer “safeguards” there. Which probably makes people weary to shop there

+1 Knobcloud. It seems the main method of payment is through PayPal with Buyer Protection, so I suppose there is some safeguard? But I've never had to resort to that myself.

There’s no such thing as “used” software. When you purchase software, you are purchasing a license from the copyright holder to use their intellectual property.

Support the developers and buy from them directly. Otherwise they don’t get paid for their work. You may think it’s different from piracy because you’re giving money to someone. But the person who actually owns the IP that you’re getting access to isn’t getting paid for your access. In many cases this means your “access” isn’t actually the same as a license. Piracy also gives access without actually giving a license.

Hopefully once you understand that, you are no longer OK with buying “used” licenses.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Second hand licenses are fine as long as the developer allows it. Just beware of NFR restrictions or transfer fees being placed on them by those developers before the transaction.

Plus it helps the members in our community. And if the developer is one that places every restriction they can on their license and is given to histrionic rants on the forum, it's probably a good indication not to deal with them anyway.

jamcat wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:08 pm There’s no such thing as “used” software. When you purchase software, you are purchasing a license from the copyright holder to use their intellectual property.

Support the developers and buy from them directly. Otherwise they don’t get paid for their work. You may think it’s different from piracy because you’re giving money to someone. But the person who actually owns the IP that you’re getting access to isn’t getting paid for your access. In many cases this means your “access” isn’t actually the same as a license. Piracy also gives access without actually giving a license.

Hopefully once you understand that, you are no longer OK with buying “used” licenses.
youd have more luck, knitting fog or something simple to start with. then move on to impossible things (6 before breakfast whenever possible...)

im new in the forum also looking for a 32 lives copy .. when will i be able to post or message people

K4li wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:36 pm im new in the forum also looking for a 32 lives copy .. when will i be able to post or message people
i think its after five posts, just say random stuff here :)

welcome 8)

BBFG# wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:30 pm Second hand licenses are fine as long as the developer allows it. Just beware of NFR restrictions or transfer fees being placed on them by those developers before the transaction.
Developers have been forced to accept it because bad law in certain jurisdictions has essentially stripped them of their intellectual property rights. They see it as marginally better than people turning to piracy, because at least they can still maintain some modicum of control.

But the bottom line is you're not supporting the developer when you buy second hand. You are not contributing to their income or their sales figures. If that matters to you, then you will buy from the developer to support their continued work.

If you don't want to pay what the developer is selling it for, you can always go with a subscription plan, instead. That's what they're for. And going subscription-only is developers' only recourse against the second-hand market. Personally, I'd rather not force developers to go that route.

People who buy "used" software probably don't tip waiters or delivery people either. Yes, you can be that type of person without running afoul of the law, but it's nothing to be proud of.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Maybe it's them not supporting their customers?
In any event, you seem charged to fly your flag of perception here and I personally believe it might be valid in certain respects, but definitely not as anything close to an absolute.
The biggest problem for anyone new here and buying from the bargain sell marketplace is knowing who to trust.

So some due diligence in checking the profiles and the feedback thread are always a good suggestion. After a few deals, knowing who the immediate good sellers are and knowing the FMV comes almost natural. (In a KVR way.)

Let each weigh the best path for them.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”