New user help: window position and start template?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just bought MuLab because the composer view seems really innovative and I like the fast, robust way it seems to be built.

I'm having two noob-level problems though:

1) Whenever I start the app (on windows 10) it doesn't remember its previous window position and I need to resize it every time. Didn't notice this while demoing but it's sort of a dealbreaker issue even though it's so small. It's just super tedious resizing the window every time. Any help would be appreciated!

2) I have the app set up to immediately start with a new project. Is there a way to edit this project because there are some things I would otherwise have to do every time that are unique to my setup. Or a way to choose a specific template to be the one the app starts up with?

Liero wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:53 pm 1) Whenever I start the app (on windows 10) it doesn't remember its previous window position and I need to resize it every time. Didn't notice this while demoing but it's sort of a dealbreaker issue even though it's so small. It's just super tedious resizing the window every time. Any help would be appreciated!

2) I have the app set up to immediately start with a new project. Is there a way to edit this project because there are some things I would otherwise have to do every time that are unique to my setup. Or a way to choose a specific template to be the one the app starts up with?
Well the 2 can be solved together by setting up your ideal starting new project, then do Project menu -> Save As Template -> and save it as the "New.MuProject" template. So in the Save Template dialog you may have to click New to create a new template and then type "New" and save the project template with that name. Now whenever you do Project menu -> New, your personal New.MuProject template will be used.

Thanks so much, this is awesome! I would never have guessed that window size/position would be saved as a project parameter but it makes sense!

Return to “MUTOOLS”