Hardware Studio Vs Software Studio

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kritikon wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:28 am ... one of the 80's classic and best songs (imo) at no.2 - Vienna, just in case you forgot.
Really? Not even close to my favourite Ultravox song. Billy Currie recycled a piano riff from Maximum Acceleration and the whole thing is a bit "meh". I reckon it took until Visions in Blue for them (the Midge Ure incarnation) to get a slow song exactly right. (I Want to be Machine was also pretty darn perfect.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pENsrvCPVw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLtvyFCSy7o
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Why is this topic “vs”? It’s “and”.

Why is this topic at all?

vitocorleone123 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:18 pm Why is this topic “vs”? It’s “and”.
Because Intrancer
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

kritikon wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:24 pm Why is this topic at all?
Intrancer because
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

cryophonik wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:30 pm
jlgrimes11 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:52 pm 25 years or so ago using hardware like the mpc series sequencers were fun but there is just so much you can do now with a DAW like Ableton.
...which explains why the music is sooooooo much better today than it was before people assembled their music one mouse-click at a time while staring at a computer monitor. :tu:
I don't think it is necessarily the DAWS that are killing music though but more how collaboration has changed over the years.

I think there is potential for things to be even better but what ends up now is everyone is their own island now.

25 years ago if a song was being worked on a singer would actually come over to the trackmakers place and worked together. Sometimes I would be making a track on the spot and the art would start writing and then we end up collaborating.

These days people find their instrumentals off of YouTube. or just ask the trackmakers to send them a bunch of tracks.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”